....a week, that is. We've made it a week with 3 kids and we are all still alive! I am absolutley DREADING tomorrow because Cody goes back to work. All I have done is take care of Kendal this past week (I swear all that girl does is eat-ALL DAY LONG!) Cody has taken care of the other kids completely: breakfast, baths, getting dressed, brushing teeth, lunch, naptime, pre-school, boo boo's, fighting, bedtime....you get the idea. He has ALSO done all the laundry, dishes, cleaning, and being at my beck and call. Poor guy! He's probably ready to go back...but I certainly AM NOT! He said he could probably take some half days...so I will cross my fingers. I just don't think a body ever gets used to just 2 hour stretches of sleep at a time.
Kendal is still doing good. I am still just getting to know her and her little personality. She loves to be held, hates to be put down, isn't in love with the swing like I hoped, likes to be on her tummy (weird..I know), and definatley loves her mama. She has lost a pound since birth and now weighs 7lbs. She is tiny! I am used to gigantic babies! But at the rate she eats...it won't take her long to start gaining! I feel a little older than I did after having the other kids. My insides still are sore, I am SO crampy, and my pelvis and spine feel so sore and out of alignment. Now I can see why they say your twenties are your best birthing years. I am running on the late end of that range and I can feel it!

3 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures - Kendal is SO CUTE! I wish I could see her (and hold her) in person! She certainly looks like she belongs to your family. And you're right... Cody IS pretty awesome :) I'm glad he's been there to help you out. Good luck taking on all three of them this week - sounds like a big job!!
1 week down...um lets just take it one day at a time:) Kendal is so beautiful! I see alot of Cody/Addie. I can't imagine how crazy these first few weeks will be for you! I find it helpful to keep my daily expectations very low:) Congrats, congrats, congrats! Message me your address real quick when you get a second!
Kendal is adorable! You will do great Amy. It is so nice to have the help and support. Good Husbands are the best!! I hope you get feeling better soon.
Post a Comment