Friday, January 20, 2012

Memories...

I have been feeling cooped-up lately...as have my kids. We decided to venture down to Centerville and meet Cody for lunch. He grabbed the adults some In-N-Out burger (drool..) and met me next door at McDonalds. The kids played and played and were sweaty little beings afterwards. If you are wondering, I could have cared less about the germs they were absorbing into their bodies from the play-place. Mama needed a break.

Before Cody got there, I let all the kids into play and ordered their food. Pretty soon Mason came running out screaming for the whole restaurant to hear " I NEED TO PEE!!" So, I found the women's restroom just as they were yelling out my name for my order. I stood in the doorway of the bathroom trying to make sure Kendal or Addie weren't getting kidnapped or choosing of their own will to leave the play area, all while keeping an eye on Mace. I got that covered all while holding everyone's coat and my purse, which was heavy because I had my iPad in it hoping to sneak in a few quiet moments while the kids were playing to pay the utilities (uhhh... that was a no-go). Anywhoo, after the third time of them yelling my name for my order, I picked it up and Cody showed up. All was well. For a a bit.

After lunch we loaded in the truck, each kid with a refreshed rootbeer they could put in their cup holders of their booster seats. Apparently they each got worried that the other one would, heaven forbid, touch their drink and so a full cup of rootbeer got spilled on my cream colored truck seat. FANTASTIC! Somewhere in my lunatic mind I thought we should run into a few stores and look for some shoes for Mason (who is in desperate need, by the way). Long story short, arriving at store #1 Addie took her sweet time in the truck unbuckling and so I locked the doors after I got the other kids out. They ran... actually sprinted into the store, while Addie threw a tantrum. I ran and got the other 2 out of the store, got Addie out of the truck, and started walking into the store. I think Mason just wasn't paying attention and he was a little concerned he wouldn't be the first to enter the store, but somehow he tripped me, while I was carrying Kendal. I fell directly over him, knocking him to the ground. I then would have landed flat on my face and Kendal's, but instead I splat my face and body across the front of the sliding glass door!! Then it tried to shut and nearly cut my fingers off. AND, some lady was watching this all happen! It could never be re-created or duplicated, it was that spectacular. I carefully picked Mason up by the hood of his sweatshirt and calmly walked everyone back to the truck, all while seething inside, of course. Kendal was screaming and trying to arch her back to prevent me from strapping her in. The other kids, knew enough to keep their mouth shut and just buckle up. We returned home. AAAAHHHHH!!!

The reason I am writing this down, is that people tell me that some day this will seem funny. That some day I will miss my little children when they are grown. So here goes. I can't IMAGINE I would forget today, but in case I do... Its on the record books!!

5 comments:

Aimee Ferrin said...

That sounds epic! Kind of like when Tyson turned around yesterday, as we were leaving the January RS luncheon, and proceeded to spit spray directly at the Bishop's wife! Ya, gotta remember that one.

MBurt said...

Oh baby, thanks for sharing. I truly feel ya on this one. Just know that there is another mom of three doing her best to recreate it, anytime we go into a store! Rootbeer in McDonald's cups in the kids hands.... you were asking for that one! lol :}

Jared and Cami said...

That's hilarious!! One you'll definitely want to remember....and WILL be funny one of these days!

Lhone said...

I was laughing hysterically! Stuff like that happens to me all the time! And, it'll be funny to you in a couple years. Seriously, gotta love the times you want to "get a break". It usually goes poorly!

Elise said...

Some days you just can't win. Glad you shared. It's nice to know that we all have the moments. I would hate to be the only one!