My little mutton buster had 2 chances at fair time this year to ride a sheep. He tried at the junior rodeo, but his sheep fell out of the chute....twice. He rode him through the first fall, but couldn't stick the second fall. He really should have received a re-ride...but oh well. His second chance was at the regular rodeo at the fair. He scored a 74 and was 3rd out of 15 kids!! When he fell off his sheep, Cody said he was holding back the tears and said "I got dirt in my eyes. I got dirt in my mouth...but that's ok!!" He perked right up and was so proud of himself. He had been practicing so hard. (By the way, Cody makes an excellent sheep). Uncle Ben gave him a couple dollars prize money and I have never seen a happier kid!




Chicken chase at the junior rodeo with cousin Keane
No comments:
Post a Comment