Thursday, June 4, 2009

Shoes for Chubby Feet








My little Mason comes with a challenge...finding shoes for his chubby feet! I have probably tried on over 30 pairs of shoes on this kid and not 1 pair has fit him. First off-he has kankles. Second-he has no heel to hold a shoe on. Third- his feet are so thick (from top of foot to bottom) that you can't get a shoe on. This makes it very frustrating for his mother! AAAAHHH! I am TRYING to look at him not walking as a blessing...maybe he is just waiting to grow into his feet, so he can find shoes, and then he will walk. Oh well...wishful thinking.
Andy and I found these little shoes for him at the Pederson Farm Supply store in Logan. Roper makes them and calls them "Cowpokes" They are so soft and have elastic around the arch of his foot and the heel. This is the first pair of shoes that have fit my little buddy. They are actually more like moccasins...but at least he won't rub the tops of his feet raw when he crawls outside and they will offer some protection....ESPECIALLY after our little incident yesterday.
The kids and I were up to Andy's yesterday to play and help her do horse stuff. Mason was in the back of the cab of the truck while we were outside, and all of the sudden he started screaming! I went and grabbed him, figuring Addie just gave him a cheap shot or something. He finally calmed down. But then I started to notice my foot was warm and my flip-flop was sticking to my foot. Then I saw this spattering all over the backs of my jeans. I was trying to think so hard what I had stepped in, or if the bull from the chute earlier had flipped crap on me. THEN IT HIT ME! I hurried and grabbed each of Mason's feet and looked at the bottom. Sure enough....he was bleeding like a stuck pig! We got it stopped and cleaned him off. But we still don't quite know what happened. He was by a box of syringes that had protectors on and we couldn't find any open needle....but we couldn't see what else might have poked him.
So...right then and there Andy said "We are going to find that kid some shoes right now!" I told her that would be great and I would give her 20 bucks if she could find a pair that fit. Obviously , we found just the pair. But now I owe her 20 dollars! Oh well....it was well spent!

3 comments:

Colby and Brittany said...

Ha I love that! My brother Chans had the same problem. My parents finally bought him a pair of cowboy boots and then cut down the sides so that they would open up so his chubby feet and legs would fit!

Christy C. said...

Corbin has chubby feet as well. The only tennis shoes I can find that fit him are vans....

Jared and Cami said...

Chubby feet are so dang cute! Those shoes look so cute and comfy!