Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh...yuck!

So, if you haven't heard yet and are not lucky enough to be in the Russell family where news travels like WILDFIRE...I will fill you in. I am pregnant. And SOO VERY SICK! I was not at all like this with my other 2, so I am a little puzzled. I have thrown up and was so sick I couldn't drink much, then Christy informed me about something called Zofran to help with the nausea. So my Doctor prescribed it for me. It has helped a little and does take the edge off...but I was a little disappointed because I thought it would be my Magic Pill. At least I am not throwing up though. I am feeling done with this pregnancy already and here is why. I am still very nauseated, I get cold sores continually(I do that in my 1st trimester), the Zofran in combination with my prenatal vitamins are making me crazy constipated (I know that was probably to much...but I have to live through it...so you guys can listen to it!), I am so tired, and I HATE food. Nothing sounds good...but I eat just so I won't get sicker. I feel like I really accomplished something if I get in the tub...but when I get in the tub I am so lethargic I don't want to wash. AAAHHH! So in turn I haven't put makeup on or been out of the house for about a month except for a very few select times. Addie always asks "You happy today Mom? Or are you sick?" And then she says "What store should we go to today? Lets get ready, Mom!" I feel so bad for them because they have been cooped up in this house way too much! So there it is.

I am hoping and praying I only have a few more weeks of this so I can actually start enjoying life again. I am 9 weeks along and with my other pregnancies, the morning sickness I had stopped at 12 weeks almost to the day! So keep your fingers crossed for me!

I also might add that Cody is my champion! He has taken over without complaint. He has done all the laundry, dishes, and household chores. He puts the kids to bed every night, does bathtime, gets them out of the house. He grocery shops and has been at my beck and call. He is such a good man and I just love him so much. I can't believe I found him! On top of all this he was just called as 1st counselor in the Elders Quorum presidency.

Anywhoo....that is why I have dropped off the face of the earth. I am so looking forward to Fall. By then I will feel better (hopefully!) and I am looking forward to cool weather, Holidays, Swiss Days, Secret Haven open houses, and Fall decorations!

6 comments:

Christy C. said...

Amy, that stinks that the Zofran didn't help very much. I can't wait for all the fall fun. I'm glad your planning on going!

Jared and Cami said...

I'm glad you're not puking anymore! But bummer you still feel crappy. Hopefully only 3 more weeks until you feel better. I too am ready for fall! I wish it could be fall ALL year long!

Colby and Brittany said...

Oh how exciting, congrats on the new little one! Hopefully you will get better soon!!!

Tiff and Trev said...

Congrats again! I'm sorry you feel so crappy! I was like you with your first two...scares me to think about # 3! Call/email whatever if you ever need help with the kiddos or anything! Hope you feel better soon. It stinks being sick when you're a mom. Especially when that sickness won't go away for another 31 weeks! Let's hope for 3....

Em said...

First off....congratulations! However, sorry to hear you're ill. I never got THAT sick with Ava. A little nauseous, but not compared to most people, I think. That scares me for next time I get prego!
Good luck with it...I hope you feel a lot better. :)

MBurt said...

Despite not feeling well, congrats!