It's official. He even got his first paycheck. Yep...Cody got a new job.
He worked for Orbit Irrigation as a Quality Manager and we will always be ever so grateful to them for providing him with a job, lots of learning opportunities, and most important, a paycheck. He started off at Autoliv working on the manufacturing line while he went to school. Six years later he left there as an engineer for this great opportunity at Orbit. They valued him for his manufacturing experience at Autoliv, who is tops at what they do. He applied for this Orbit job on Sunday night and they called and had scheduled an interview by Monday morning. It was the crucial stepping stone in his career. But...after 3 years, it was time for change.
He now works for CR Bard in Salt Lake....kinda by the airport. They make medical devices like PICC lines (peripherally inserted central catheters...meaning they put a catheter in your arm and it goes up your arm and sits just in your heart), dialysis things, ports, and urinary cathetarization equipment.So far it has gone great. He trains with a different engineer every 2 weeks for 10 weeks total. He is one of the youngest there too. And we are just figuring out why. I'm guessing that someone would be just LOONEY to leave purely because of the benefits. They are INCREDIBLE!!!! Insurance doesn't have a deductible and often no co-pays. And in my book, it is cheap! They have retirement, which is completely seperate from their matching our 401k. They have offered large bonuses and significant yearly raises in the past. 48 hours vacation up front, 2 weeks vacation up front, and they consider it a "professional" environment...if you are sick, have a family emergency, need to be somewhere, etc... you just take the time you need, no matter how much and you don't have to use any vacation/personal time!!! And they want you to use your vacation time to get away....for vacation! You don't use it...you lose it.
I feel like we have been so very blessed in our lives. I just can't even believe it. I look around and see the struggles and trials so many people have to deal with and I feel guilty. And worried. I know we will all have these lessons to learn...and I am sure we will get ours. So right now I am just going to be absolutley grateful for this awesome opportunity Cody has. His career is heading just where he is wanting it to. Also, I am absolutley grateful for my sweet little kids and their mischevious personalities and healthy bodies. I love Cody more than I can put into words. He understands me, respects me, treats me like a princess. He is a great provider, even better dad, and an even better husband. I love him so much, my heart hurts!!
P.S. Another bonus about the job, you ask? Well...this mostly makes me happy. Cody has a friend, Tim, who works there too, so they started carpooling. He is up at 5:30 and to work by 7:00 a.m. and the greatest part is he leaves work at 4p.m., which means I get to enjoy him just a little longer in the evenings. So, for those of you who don't know Cody...this is NOT easy. He is NOT a morning person. So good job, honey!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
CONGRATS!!! We know how hard it is to switch jobs, but glad he found one. Does this mean you are staying in Morgan? I know the airport is a bit of a commute, but that is great to find a job like that. What a blessing!!
Wow!!! What a great blessing! You guys deserve it. Love you guys!
Congrats on the new job!!! It is sometimes hard to take that leap..but the blessings are great when you do. I totally agree with you on benefits! They are huge! I am so happy for you and your fam.
Congrats! Great job, great insurance, AND your husband is around more in the evenings - SWEET! I am glad to hear that things are going so well for you.
WELL, YEAH! CONGRATS! That is so exciting! I found your blog, so its offically being added to the list of blogs I stock! :)
Post a Comment