I was trying to be a good mom and take my little children to library time yesterday. I feel like it has been crazy with our house being built and I have essentially ignored them while I have been running around, making phone calls, getting measurements, and picking things out. So we headed to the library in Roy (they have the funnest library time...I wish Morgan would be as fun). We did stories, sang songs, did bubbles, and Addie even put her music maker back by herself after our song. (This action in the past however, has created serious tantrum throwing...but she's growing out of it -I thought!) But when it came to our craft we were supposed to cut out little papers and string them on necklaces. I helped Addie learn how to hold the scissors correctly and we did some cutting. But, when it was time to put them back and leave...she would not release her death grip on the scissors. I tried to calmly explain that they weren't ours over her high pitched, blood curdling screams (I'm not kidding). So I finally got them out of her hands and then she started snotting, crying, screaming, and then she finally dropped to the floor face down and kicked her feet. So I was trying to round up Mason, get our belongings, and get her out of the library as fast as humanly possible...without people turning me in for child abuse. It took her 10 minutes to calm down and strapping her in her carseat was our only option. She kept yelling for "scissors". She was crying so hard she couldn't hardly breath. Man...I don't know what gets her to that point and she doesn't do it very often, but when she does watch out! She has to work out of it herself and no amount of spanking or reasoning will work.
So she calmed down and we went into the mall, but she threw another fit in Gymboree because I told her if she got out of the stroller and touched anything she would have to get back in. She kept getting hangers off the racks and so I got her back in the stroller. Which started another tantrum, except this time she saw M&M's in one of those little candy dispensers. So as I was running with the stroller to get out of the mall she was SCREAMING "emee's!" I tried to tell her acting like that isn't how we get things-but no reasoning was happening. Some people that I passed in the mall stared at me like "shut your kid up!" Others looked at me with an understanding smile and some tried to talk to Addie (crazies!). She yelled for "emmees!" until we got out of Weber Canyon.
Mason on the other hand didn't make a peep yesterday...and I'm not kidding. He sat and watched the kids at library time and was fascinated at all the things in the mall. He just stared at his sister in unbelief.
Being a mother yesterday was hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh dear! Don't worry Aim, someday you will look back and be able to laugh at that. Remember how Haunnah used to beat her head against stuff? Once I even splashed cold water at her 'cause I read a book that said it would work. Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read. Just look at the bright side...at least she did't strip naked and then throw a fit in the library. :)
Yeah! I can't wait for Ava to get to that stage! :)
Post a Comment