Slate tile in entryway
Kitchen cabinets and countertops
My granite...love it!
Island with extra deep drawers
Fireplace
Cabinets above the toilets...aren't those cubbys cute!
Pounded copper star sinks in master bathroomYes, yes...I know. It looks just like me. That's what everyone says when they come to look at our new house. I am just going to take that in a good way. I am glad my house reflects who we are. Rustic yes. Very rustic. But I love it!
Here a few of my very favorite things in our house. I absolutley love our cabinets...rustic maple. Especially the cabinets above the toilets with all the useful cubbys. Also our colorful slate tile. It extends from the entryway into the small bathroom and down the hall to our bedrooms. In our old house I hated how our carpet tracked down in the hall way...so we just eliminated that problem all together!
Our pounded copper sinks I acquired in Vegas at the NFR Cowboy Christmas. The store owner wanted $250 bucks a piece for them. I offered $200 a piece and they declined, so I walked away (just like I told myself to do if they wouldn't take it). Until 10 minutes later. I saw the store owner running up the aisle towards me and they decided they could take $200 a piece. They only had 1 sink in stock...but they shipped the other for free...which I also required as part of the deal. Then the owner said, "You drive a hard bargain. You are good at this!" Then he offered me a job! Funny. I guess I have a little bit of Dad in me. Thanks Dad for teaching me how to "deal"!
I also love how our granite turned out and I am very excited about the undermount sink. I get sick of not being able just to wipe the crumbs into the sink easily and I also get tired of cleaning around the edge of the sink. I think this will be so fun!
As for moving in? They started digging out where the drive-way will go today, and depending on weather next week-we very may well have a driveway and stairs to our front door. The plumbers will hopefully come next week as well to install faucets and toilets. The carpet is coming the next Monday and then the painters to touch up. So we are very very close. I just can't picture us moving in...I can hardly stand myself!
I am so thankful to Ron and Becky for answering 50 phone calls a day and being patient with me. They have done so much work to help us. I am just glad that Ron understands I don't know anything and I want everything perfect. But then again he IS married to my sister who is that way much more than I am. He just has to deal with us! I am also so glad for my sweet husband who is so patient with me when I am freaking out...which is most of the time. Hats off to all of you who put up with me. Love ya!


6 comments:
Amy! Everything looks FABULOUS!! I love the red walls, the rustic wood and I love, LOVE the bathroom sinks - way to go!
Wow! It does look like you. Everything looks great! I can't wait to come see it all, your kitchen is super cute, and I love the bathroom sinks, those are so unique! I have the exact same granite in my kitchen...Love it!!
Amy! You have the cutest house! Congratulations...I love it! Good luck with moving and the excitement of getting settled :)
Ah I love your house! It is so beautiful! I am so jealous! We want to come check it out when its all done and your moved in and able to enjoy it even more :)
LOVE. IT. Everything. What a nerve-wracking thing, to be building a house when you've never done it before and of course you want everything perfect. I want to paint my kitchen red - tell me the exact color/brand of paint/primer you used. Can't wait to see more pics. You're going to be cleaning that house 5 times a day just because:)
Your house is amazing!! All I can say is girls night at your house!
Post a Comment