Good news? She is adorable with the kids. Bad news? She IS a cat killer. Yesterday I forgot I had put the cat out of the garage and let the little dog out. Pretty soon I went to check on her and her and the cat were screaming and growling and barking at each other. All I saw was a ball of white fur rolling around on the neighbors back patio. I had to run inside, get my shoes on, and literally beat her off of the cat. I reprimanded her so hard. Then I felt terrible. I was so startled by it all that I was just shaking. I felt awful for the cat, so I put the dog in her crate and went and petted the kitty and put her back in the garage. Then I was so mad at the dog-but how do you curb their natural instinct? I wish there was some other part I hated about her so it would make it easy to give her away...but there isn't. She lets the kids poke and prod and sit on her. She is so smart and I have already taught her to lay down and roll over. And she just loves to be by you touching you when she lays down and sleeps. AAAAHHHH! What to do! I don't want to betray my cat, but yet I don't want to give up such a cute dog. I don't know if I should get her an electric collar and just juice her when she takes in after the cat...or what.
Oh...and a little off the subject. They poured the 2-car garage part of my driveway today! Hooray! Hopefully, weather cooperating they will pour the 1-car part tomorrow. That was the last big thing we were concerned about getting done.
Well, followers I will keep you updated on our situation! Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment